Fintech: Southeast News

Fintech Southeast News curated each weekday for Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee

Share

 

Posted October 05, 2021

 

Miami Mayor Francis Suarez has a plan to transform the city into the world’s “cryptocurrency innovation hub,” and one of the outcomes, he claims, could be a metropolis free from taxes.

The lofty idea is the byproduct of a cooperation with CityCoins, a nonprofit and opensource protocol that allows people to hold and trade cryptocurrency representing a stake in a municipality. By running software on their personal computers, CityCoins’ users mint new tokens and earn a percentage of the cryptocurrency they create. A computer program automatically allocates 30 percent of the currency to a select city, while users get the other 70 percent.

Since CityCoins unveiled “MiamiCoin” in August, the protocol has sent about $7.1 million to Miami. (City commissioners agreed to accept the donations on Sept. 13.)


TO READ THE FULL STORY

buttonsubscribe   buttonsignin

 

WHY?

Only B2BAmericanSoutheast.com members have access to curated Southeast news for technology, fintech, growth and exporting specifically for the 27 major cities in the regional states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. It’s about the executives and the decisions that result in the business activities that make the American Southeast the strong economic powerhouse – even stronger. Subscribe now!

 


 

Terms of Service Privacy Policy Site Map
Copyright @ 2021 Globalspeak, All Rights Reserved