June 03, 2021
The New Dixie Highway project represents a $35 million investment to improve safety, mobility and livability along the corridor. These initial improvements will help spur more investment in future Dixie Highway enhancements in the coming years.
The New Dixie Highway project will focus on three major goals:
- Making Dixie Highway safer for drivers and pedestrians
- Improving traffic flow between the Gene Snyder Freeway and downtown
- Creating a more efficient and more reliable transit service for TARC riders
To achieve those goals, the project will concentrate on three major areas of improvement:
- Roadway safety and design improvements, including raised medians along the most congested and dangerous section (Crums Lane to Greenwood Road)
- A new Intelligent Transportation System that will improve and coordinate traffic signal timing along the entire corridor
- The region’s first bus rapid transit route, a line of priority buses and more than two dozen highly visible stations that will improve travel times for both transit riders and motorists
TO READ THE FULL STORY
Only B2BAmericanSoutheast.com members have access to curated Southeast news for technology, fintech, growth and exporting specifically for the 27 major cities in the regional states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. It’s about the executives and the decisions that result in the business activities that make the American Southeast the strong economic powerhouse – even stronger. Subscribe now!