Posted JFebruary 01, 2021
It’s been a busy January for startups. We’re wrapping up all the headlines you may have missed…from huge funding rounds to key new hires at companies and organizations across the ecosystem.
Dive Into Big Funding Stories
* Atlanta: Unicorn Calendly $350 million
* Kennesaw: LendingPoint closed $125 million Private Equity financing
* Atlanta: SalesLoft $100 million Series E…reaching unicorn status
* Atlanta: DecisionLink $18.5 million Series A
* Atlanta: OncoLens $7.25 million Series A
* Atlanta: Voxie $6.7 million Series A
Other Tech Startup Funding News
* Atlanta/London: PPRO, The UK-based FinTech company, with its US HQ in Atlanta, raised a $180 million private equity round. Investors in the round included Eurazeo Growth, Sprints Capital and Wellington Management.
* Tampa: SOMA Global, a public safety tech company, raised $22.5 million Series A
* Virginia: Cloud governance platform Stacklet raised $18 million Series A
* Atlanta: e-commerce marketing platform Springbot closed $14 million financing round
* Wilmington, NC: Apiture, the FinTech startup born out of Live Oak Bank, announced a $10 million investment from Bankers Healthcare Group (BHG)
* Atlanta: SaaS company Revel Systems raised an undisclosed private equity round
* Chattanooga: Echelon Fitness, HealthTech fitness company, raised $65 million in funding led by Goldman Sachs Growth and North Castle Partners.
* Atlanta: Supply chain tech startup Verusen raised a $8 million Series A round, according to a press release. The round came from Forte Ventures, Flyover Capital, BMW i Ventures, and previous investors like Engage.
* Kentucky: Podcasher raised $4 million Series A
* Virginia: Mission Secured $5.6 million Series B
* Miami: PropertyTech company Axela Technologies raised $4 million Series A
* Durham: Allobee, a managed marketplace for small businesses and startups, announced that it has secured $500K
* Miami: HealthSnap, a remote health monitoring platform, raised $4 million
* Atlanta: The Labz, a creative collaboration SaaS platform, raised $1.35 million
* Chapel Hill: EnviroTech startup NALA Systems raised $700K
* Miami: Capsule, a video Q&A platform for brands, has raised $2 million in pre-seed funding
* Charlottesville: AgroTech vertical farming startup raised $1.56 million venture round
* Atlanta: FinTech startup Qoins raised $1.5 million. The series was undisclosed
* Atlanta: Predictive analytics startup Simporter raised a $600,000 seed round