Posted October 15, 2021
Source: Front Office Sports
Posted Miami FL: The Florida-based business — which has raised $3.5 billion in total funding — counts Google, AT&T, Alibaba, and Warner Bros. as existing investors.
Posted October 14, 2021
Posted Birmingham AL: Eleven finalists have been chosen for the third cycle of the 2021 Alabama Launchpad business pitch competition for startups and the November 17 finale.
Posted October 13, 2021
Source: The Wall Street Journal
Posted Cary NC: The iPhone maker is seeking to put on hold an order that requires Apple to loosen restrictions on how App Store developers seek payments for their online offerings.
Posted October 12, 2021
Source: Alabama Political Reporter
Posted Huntsville AL: The $1.1 billion contract will see production of approximately 1,500 more seekers, which provide guidance data to the PAC-3 interceptor.
Posted October 11, 2021
Source: Refresh Miami
Posted Miami FL: AquaVault, a consumer products company that got its start on Shark Tank, has developed a miniature charger that holds roughly one full charge for a standard iPhone.
Posted October 08, 2021
Source: Market Watch
Posted Atlanta GA: Home Depot will roll out delivery with Walmart GoLocal in select markets over the coming weeks then across an expanded number of markets by end of the year.
Posted October 07, 2021
Source: Enterprise IoT Insights
Posted Atlanta GA: IoT connectivity and solutions company Kore Wireless has begun trading on the NYSE, after completing its combination with Cerberus Telecom Acquisition Corp.
Posted October 06, 2021
Posted Louisville KY: Appriss Insights President Brian Matthews has assumed the role of Senior VP and GM of the new Louisville, Kentucky-based division of Equifax Workforce Solutions.
Posted October 05, 2021
Source: Globe Newswire
Posted Nashville TN: The new location brings a bio skills training and research center to the area’s MedTech industry and marks Axis’ third facility in the United States.
Posted October 04, 2021
Source: Manufacturing Global
Posted Charlotte NC: Performix’s MES software will join Honeywell’s large portfolio of automation solutions for the industry, such as pharmaceutical and biotech.
Posted October 01, 2021
Source: Y’all Politics
Posted Tupelo MS: Carmigo, a new software company, is an online vehicle marketplace connecting individual sellers with dealers in a one-day auction.
Posted September 30, 2021
Source: Bham Now
Posted Birmingham AL: Google for Startups selected three Birmingham businesses for the Black Founders Fund, Acclinate, Mixtroz and SynsorMed which also will be mentored.
Posted September 29, 2021
Source: Robotics 247
Posted Sandy Springs GA: Mujin Inc., a Japanese company that has brought “machine intelligence” to robots across Asia since 2011, opened its first office in North America.
Posted September 28, 2021
Source: Data Center Dynamics
Posted Huntsville AL: The social media company broke ground on the facility in 2018. The $750 million project was originally due to span 970,000 square feet and open in 2020.
Posted September 27, 2021
Posted Nashville TN: Clovers will integrate with an organization’s applicant tracking system, calendars and video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and WebEx.
Posted September 24, 2021
Source: Marketing Technology Insights
Posted Chapel Hill NC: Boomcaster is setting new benchmarks for production quality by recording each participant locally, in real time, and then uploading the files to the cloud.
Posted September 23, 2021
Source: Supermarket News
Posted Birmingham AL: Millions of U.S. Visa consumer credit cardholders can enroll to get free delivery of groceries and other home essentials on all Shipt marketplace orders over $35.
Posted September 22, 2021
Source: The Impact
Posted Miami FL: The ocean technology venture studio and startup community opens with its first cohort to build entrepreneurs in BlueTech and an ecosystem of experts and innovators.
Posted September 21, 2021
Source: Transportation Topics
Posted Atlanta GA: UPS agreed to acquire Roadie, a same-day delivery startup to speed service and expand into atypical parcels such as oversized packages and perishable goods.
Posted September 20, 2021
Source: WJCT Public Media
Posted Jacksonville FL: Walmart said that, instead of an associate walking the store to fulfill an order from the shelves, automated bots retrieve the items from within the fulfillment center.
Posted September 17, 2021
Source: Freight Waves
Posted Nashville TN: The $1.2 million contract includes plug-and-play GPS vehicle trackers, panic buttons, dashcams, all available to state, municipal and county fleets.
Posted September 16, 2021
Source: Lake Norman Local Business Dealz
Posted Research Triangle Park NC: Amazon already has opened several new distribution centers across NC as the COVID pandemic led to a surge in ecommerce shopping and delivery.
Posted September 15, 2021
Source: The New York Times
Posted Atlanta GA: Intuit, the parent company of TurboTax and QuickBooks, will acquire Atlanta’s Mailchimp, a company best known as a provider of email marketing services.
Posted September 14, 2021
Posted Louisville KY: Apple’s new program allows residents to access licenses or state-issued IDs in their Apple Wallet. In the SE, Georgia will be first group and Kentucky in the second.
Posted September 13, 2021
Source: News Channel 5
Posted Nashville TN: A panel has approved $65 million in state incentives for Oracle Corp. as the company plans to bring 8,500 jobs and a $1.2 billion investment over the coming decade.
Posted September 10, 2021
Posted Jackson MS: On Tuesday, September 28th, the Summit will promote best practices and encourage innovation technology in the public sector.
Posted September 09, 2021
Posted Atlanta GA: Georgia will become one of the first states to allow motorists to carry their driver’s license on their iPhone, and it’s working on a similar license for Android phones.
Posted September 08, 2021
Source: Revalize Software Newsroom
Posted Jacksonville FL: Revalize, the worldwide leader in sector-specific revenue operations software for manufacturers announced acquisitions that results in 9,000+ customers worldwide.
Posted September 07, 2021
Source: Streaming Media
Posted Atlanta GA: Media delivery technology company Streaming Global announced the successful completion of a Series SEED private capital raise of $8 million.
Posted September 06, 2021
Source: Financial Post
Posted Birmingham AL: ASU upgraded to the Draganfly Vital Intelligence technology and implemented the patented drone Varigard sanitizing spray for the Labor Day football game.
Posted September 03, 2021
Source: The Real Deal
Posted Miami FL: The firms are partnering to run Archer’s proposed air taxis – electric mini-helicopters -- from REEF Technology’s parking garages in Miami and Los Angeles by 2024.
Posted September 02, 2021
Source: News Wise
Posted Raleigh NC: Researchers from NC State University and Synopsys are unveiling a new computer chip design kit and are making it freely available in order to encourage innovation.
Posted September 01, 2021
Source: City Biz
Posted Atlanta GA: Slope Software, the Atlanta insurtech startup that is modernizing actuarial modeling for insurers, announced a $2.0 million investment led by Tech Square Ventures.
Posted August 31, 2021
Posted Georgetown KY: Toyota’s move suggests that the company is finding real value in staying on the path to fuel cell development for success in heavy-duty applications.
Posted August 30, 2021
Source: Grocery Dive
Posted Birmingham AL: With its new Preferred Shopper tool, Shipt is once again leaning into customer service as distinguishing features in the evolving e-grocery landscape.
Posted August 27, 2021
Source: Fox 35 Orlando
Posted Orlando FL: The Velis Electro is Florida Tech’s new electric plane. As the first university to fly an electric aircraft in the U.S., it is helping the FAA learn more about the plane.
Posted August 26, 2021
Source: News Wise
Posted Lexington KY: Starship Technologies rolled out its robot food delivery service on the UK’s campus, making the university one of 18 schools across the nation to use the robots.
Posted August 25, 2021
Source: Environment + Energy Leader
Posted Charlotte NC: The three organizations will work on a first of its kind technology platform designed to measure actual baseline methane emissions from natural gas distribution systems.
Posted August 24, 2021
Source: PR Newswire
Posted Huntsville AL: Permira, a global private equity firm, has made an investment in CommentSold, a digital commerce solution that unlocks sales growth via live and social selling.
- Clarksville TN: Amazon to Open New Fulfillment Center in ClarksvilleFri, Aug 20th 2021
- Atlanta GA: Anonymous Messaging App Yik Yak Returns After 4-Year ShutdownThu, Aug 19th 2021
- Orlando FL: Red 6 to Put Augmented Reality on Training Aircraft Wed, Aug 18th 2021
- Nashville TN: TechnologyAdvice Acquires TechRepublic from Red VenturesTue, Aug 17th 2021
- Douglasville GA: Microsoft to Build 1 Million Square Foot Data CenterMon, Aug 16th 2021
- Charlotte NC: Red Ventures Buys Healthgrades.comFri, Aug 13th 2021
- Louisville KY: Appriss Insights Selling to Equifax for $1.825 BillionThu, Aug 12th 2021
- Birmingham AL: Shipt to Expand Customer Base with New PartnershipsWed, Aug 11th 2021
- Durham NC: Avaya Acquires Contact Center Developer CTIntegrationsTue, Aug 10th 2021
- Lake Mary FL: BlackCloak Pulls In $11 Million in Series A Funding RoundMon, Aug 9th 2021
- Atlanta GA: STORD Rethinks the Warehouse with Atlanta Innovation Hub Fri, Aug 6th 2021
- Charlotte NC: Snap One Holdings Corp. Announces Pricing of its IPOThu, Aug 5th 2021
- Orlando FL: Tech Grove Launches as ‘Collision Space’ for Startups, MilitaryWed, Aug 4th 2021
- Chattanooga TN: City to Live Stream Public Video, Data FeedsTue, Aug 3rd 2021
- Triangle Park NC: Smart Wires chooses North Carolina over Austin for new HQMon, Aug 2nd 2021
- Nashville TN: Community College Introduces New Program Due to Tech BoomFri, Jul 30th 2021
- Miami FL: The First Ford Self-driving Taxis in Miami, You Travel for FreeThu, Jul 29th 2021
- Morrisville NC: Cisco Investments Backs RTP Cyber Security Firm JupiterOneWed, Jul 28th 2021
- Franklin TN: Integrated Biometric Technology Moving Headquarters to FranklinTue, Jul 27th 2021
- Charlotte NC: Anduin Secures $14 Million in Seed Funding Mon, Jul 26th 2021
- Birmingham AL: StreetMetrics Announces Partnership with AdLoad Fri, Jul 23rd 2021
- Miami Beach FL: Unybrands Raises $300M to Acquire More E-commerce BusinessesThu, Jul 22nd 2021
- Lexington KY: Dean Dorton Acquires Data Analytics Firm Breakpoint TechnologyWed, Jul 21st 2021
- Atlanta GA: SecurEnds Secures $21 Million Series A Tue, Jul 20th 2021
- Hattiesburg MS: USM Launches Gulf Blue Initiative for the Blue EconomyMon, Jul 19th 2021
- Apex NC: TriggerMesh Gets $5 Million Funding from Cisco Fri, Jul 16th 2021
- Mobile AL: Deuce Drone Launches Food Delivery Service by DroneThu, Jul 15th 2021
- Miami FL: California Defense-Technology Startup Moves to Florida Wed, Jul 14th 2021
- Atlanta GA: Flock Safety Raises $150 Million in Series D FundingTue, Jul 13th 2021
- Birmingham AL: Shipt Introducing Dietary Preferences Feature on App and WebsiteMon, Jul 12th 2021
- Charlotte NC: NextGen TV, Five Local Stations Launch 3.0 BroadcastsFri, Jul 9th 2021
- Atlanta GA: Tech Startup Katalon Raises $27 Million in Series A FundingThu, Jul 8th 2021
- Memphis TN: Company Develops Robot for Heavy-Lifting Jobs in Logistics IndustryWed, Jul 7th 2021
- Orlando FL: ObvioHealth Raises $31M Amid Funding Spree for Decentralized TrialsTue, Jul 6th 2021
- Tampa FL: Biotech Company Psilera Closes $2.5 Million Series AMon, Jul 5th 2021
- Scott County MS: Amazon Announces Plans to Build Solar Farm in MississippiFri, Jul 2nd 2021
- Atlanta GA: Vroom Opens New Hub Location in Atlanta Thu, Jul 1st 2021
- Research Triangle Park NC: IBM, Red Hat Launch Next-Gen Wireless Cloud Tools with AIWed, Jun 30th 2021
- Miami FL: FIU and SoftBank Group Partner to Inject New Talent into Tech Startup SceneTue, Jun 29th 2021
- Charleston, SC: Volvo to Produce a New Polestar 3 Electric SUV in South CarolinaMon, Jun 28th 2021
- Nashville TN: Tennessee State Adding Academic eSports Center this FallFri, Jun 25th 2021
- Greensboro NC: Xtern Software Scales Analytics Platform to Deliver Global ResultsThu, Jun 24th 2021
- Birmingham AL: Shipt Partnering with Program to Find Diverse TalentWed, Jun 23rd 2021
- Miami FL: Proterra and Miami-Dade County Announce Landmark EV ProjectTue, Jun 22nd 2021
- Atlanta GA: FanDuel Picks Ponce City Market for New Atlanta Tech HubMon, Jun 21st 2021
- Raleigh NC: Inkjet Printing Shows Promise as New Strategy for Making E-TextilesFri, Jun 18th 2021
- Alpharetta GA: Datavant and Ciox Health Enter $7 Billion Merger DealThu, Jun 17th 2021
- Durham NC: E-commerce Startup Spoonflower Bought by Shutterfly for $225 MillionWed, Jun 16th 2021
- Nashville TN: Phosphorus Cybersecurity Opens New Global HeadquartersTue, Jun 15th 2021
- Melbourne FL: Tomahawk Robotics Awarded $4,132,540 Contract Marine CorpsMon, Jun 14th 2021
- Louisville KY: JBS Paid $11 Million to Resolve Ransomware AttackFri, Jun 11th 2021
- Greenville SC: Greenville Company Develops Site Selection AppThu, Jun 10th 2021
- Atlanta GA: Automotive Ventures Closes Inaugural FundWed, Jun 9th 2021
- Charlotte NC: Honeywell to Invest Up to $300M in Quantum Computing Joint VentureTue, Jun 8th 2021
- Atlanta GA: Background Screening and Verifications Firm Raising $100M in IPOMon, Jun 7th 2021
- Louisville KY: Weather Platform Climavision Receives $100M Strategic InvestmentFri, Jun 4th 2021
- Birmingham AL: Help Lightning Adds $3M in Growth Equity to Series A RoundThu, Jun 3rd 2021
- Atlanta GA: LifeQ Secures $47 Million Investment FundingWed, Jun 2nd 2021
- Clearwater FL: Tech Data to Launch Financing Arm in APAC by 2022 Tue, Jun 1st 2021
- Charlotte NC: Passport Raises Another $90M, Bringing Total Above $200MMon, May 31st 2021
- Louisville KY: Yum Brands Acquires Tictuk to Deepen Commerce Fri, May 28th 2021